Astoria, Oregon, is a beautiful place for your next vacation. Hiking near Astoria, Oregon, is one of the many highlights of visiting and spending time in Fort Stevens State Park. It’s one of Astoria’s best attractions and easy to find at Astoria Riverwalk Inn. Here’s what you need to know about Fort Stevens State Park when hiking near Astoria, Oregon.
- The park was a military base from the Civil War to the World War II era.
- It covers about 4,300 acres.
- Fans of disc golf can visit the Columbia Shore Disc Golf Course.
- There are about 15 miles of trails for multiple uses. Take advantage of the many trails by horse, bike, and foot.
- Kayak Tillamook is your place to go for kayak tours on Trestle Bay.
- This park marks the northernmost trailhead for the Oregon Coast Trail.
- Year-round military displays at the military museum. According to the website, “underground tours are available during the summer of a gun battery that served as a World War II command center.
- Cell service in the park is said to not be very dependent depending on your cell service and location.
- Plenty of areas are open for unsupervised swimming in lakes and rivers.
- Check out the calendar for unique events like razor clamming, kayak tours, guided trail hikes, and more.
Enjoy Your Time In The Park
Fort Stevens State Park is a beautiful place to go hiking near Astoria, Oregon. You’ll have a great time booking directly with Astoria Riverwalk Inn. Each of the Inn’s 114 rooms offers a deck with glorious views of the Columbia River. Guests can also enjoy in-room coffee and tea, free high-speed wireless internet, complimentary bicycles (during biking season), etc. Please check availability to book your Astoria, Oregon, getaway (or call us directly at 503-325-2013).