When traveling to Astoria, Oregon, you will see a variety of unique attractions, museums, and history that you won’t find anywhere else. There are more than a few hidden gems in the area. At the Astoria Riverwalk Inn, we’ve done the hard work of digging up through the history and museum attractions for you. Some are obvious, while others are more niche. Thanks to our location on the Astoria Riverwalk, you shouldn’t be too far away from many of these attractions.
- Speaking of the Astoria Riverwalk, it’s right outside your room at Astoria Riverwalk Inn. It’s the best way to find many attractions at a leisurely pace.
- If you are looking for local history, look no further than Fort Astoria. The original structure was built in 1811. Today, what you will find is a reconstruction of the original. It was operated as a fur trading location by various companies.
- If you or someone else is a film buff, check out the Oregon Film Museum. This museum will take you behind the scenes of many movies filmed in Oregon.
- Are you looking for more Oregon history? Then it would be best if you stepped inside the Heritage Museum. You get to see years of history from the Astoria, Oregon, region preserved at this museum.
- Another tremendous historical attraction is the Lewis and Clark National Historical Park. You’ll get a deep dive into Lewis and Clark’s journey. There are several great hiking trails too.
- To see Astoria, Oregon, you will need to venture up to the Astoria Column for a unique perspective. This landmark was built in 1925 and stands 125 feet tall.
- A great family-friendly attraction in Astoria, Oregon, is the Columbia River Maritime Museum. You’ll be able to see many artifacts and study the science behind storms.
More Attractions in Astoria, Oregon
If these museums and attractions aren’t enough, be sure to read through our riverwalk blog for more ideas. There is so much to explore and learn about in Astoria, Oregon. The Astoria Riverwalk Inn is in the best location to see it all. Every one of the Inn’s 115 rooms offers a deck with beautiful views of the Columbia River. Guests can also enjoy in-room coffee, free high-speed wireless internet, complimentary bicycles, and more. Please check availability online to book your Astoria, Oregon, getaway (or call us at 503-325-2013).